When you need to print an important document, nothing is worse than an empty printer ink cartridge. Save money and make your ink last longer with these 5 tips.
When you need to print an important document, nothing is worse than an empty printer ink cartridge. Save money and make your ink last longer with these 5 tips:
1. Use eco-friendly fonts: Use less ink and paper with Ecofont, a font that uses about 20% less ink or toner compared to standard fonts.
2. Install GreenPrint: A type of software called GreenPrint analyzes your print jobs, calculates your potential savings, and lets you easily delete pages you don’t want to print.
3. Optimize your printer settings: Making “low quality” your default printer setting, printing in black and white, using print layout and reducing resolution can make a big difference in the amount of ink you use.
4. Use “Print What You Like:” If you need to print a web page, check out Printwhatyoulike.com, an online website editor that lets you easily cut out unnecessary page elements such as ads.
5. Change your habits: Get in the habit of reviewing your documents before sending to the printer to review for errors, find opportunities to reduce image size, or combine pages.
Article courtesy of JustAnswer, www.justanswer.com